Welcome to West London!
In 1882, The Queen’s Park Rangers was born from two local youth club teams, St. Jude’s Institute and Christchurch Rangers. The name was that most of the players in the team came from the District of Queen’s Park. In total, QPR have changed grounds more often than any other League club (seventeen times), thirteen different venues, not even taking into account the temporary use of Stamford Bridge in 1915 and Highbury in 1930.
Their supporters are called The Hoppers and of course, absolutely the entire fan base hates their enemies Chelsea FC. A good thing: In the 1976/77 season, QPR’s first entry into European football, they reached the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup, losing out on penalties to AEK Athens. It was the best season of the club in their history!
But sometimes, things can get heated. In February 2007, QPR hosted the Chinese Olympic football team in a “goodwill” friendly at their training ground – seven Chinese players were sent home after a mass brawl broke out, one with a broken jaw.
The club plays at Loftus Road. On 7 June 2019, the club gifted the naming rights to the stadium to The Kiyan Prince Foundation, a charity set up in honour of former QPR youth player Kiyan Prince, resulting in the stadium becoming known as the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.