FULL STACK DEVELOPER (CTO)
Part-Time / Full-Time
Location: Remote, worldwide
Do you want to become part of a fast-growing scale-up in the sharing economy? Do you want to be part of an international team of passionate people with a passion for travel and sports? Then join our growing team! Be part of the leading sports experience marketplace, and have a positive impact on the technology and how sports fans experience any destination the local way.
Homefans is an online marketplace that allows local sports fans to share their passion for their club with traveling fans, by hosting unique sports experiences. In order to build the world’s go-to sports bucket list platform, we need the world’s most talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
At Homefans, we’re on a journey to revolutionize the tours and activities space in the sports industry, changing the way people discover and book things to do before and during their travels for once-in-a-lifetime sports bucket list experiences.
About the job
We are looking for a CTO to join the team. Since we are a small team, you will get to work on our complete tech stack. You will build new features, optimize existing code, improve our test suite and developer tooling, and anything else you can bring to the table.
You will be the person to lead the roadmap for the tech of Homefans, build the foundations and set the direction for the future. You will work closely with the Founders of Homefans, and the remote team to develop a plan for the short term and longer term to build the #1 platform for fan-led sports experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Write clean, well-designed code
- You build robust, scalable applications to facilitate the growth of the Homefans.
- You improve and maintain code quality by writing tests, developer tooling and code reviews.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Collaborate with our Product Design, Management, and Dev team to effectively deliver software for our users.
- Manage and coordinate projects with our remote development team
Who are you
- 3+ years experience as a CTO or similar position
- You are proactive and passionate, when you see something that needs fixing, you fix it, when something can be improved, you get started.
- You have good knowledge of SQL and related databases with an inclination for those with MySQL experience
- You have created information on the fundamental PHP
- You have experience constructing or maintaining a CMS
- You have a good understanding of System Design
- You have experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git.
- You are curious, you want to know how things work and why they work that way.
- You have experience with performance optimization (caching, debugging slow code, etc).
- Your English is fluent both written as speech.
- You have a feeling for UX / UI and ease of use.
Our company is fully remote, and we’re assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven sports marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
What we offer
- Freedom is what we stand for. Freedom to develop your own ideas, freedom to show initiative, to take responsibility and to develop yourself.
- A responsible role in a new area of an ambitious team, at the forefront of our rapid growth.
- Option of equity in a fast growing company (Build on something you own)
- Remote working with top-notch tooling.
- A young and international remote team.
- We give you a €250 travel credit, so you can join a sports experience or trip yourself..
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Would you like to join our team as our new CTO? Then we would like to hear from you via firstname.lastname@example.org.