Customer Experience Specialist
Part-Time / Full-Time
Do you want to become part of a fast-growing scale-up in the sharing economy? Do you want to work with an international team of passionate people with a passion for travel and sports? Then join our growing team! Be part of the leading sports experience platform in Europe, and have a positive impact on how sports fans experience any destination the local way.
Homefans is an online marketplace that allows local sports fans to share their passion for their club with traveling fans, by hosting unique sports experiences. In order to build the world’s go-to sports bucket list platform, we need the world’s most talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
At Homefans, we’re on a journey to revolutionize the tours and activities space in the sports industry, changing the way people discover and book things to do before and during their travels for once-in-a-lifetime sports bucket list experiences. Tens of thousands of travelers have used Homefans to turn their sports bucket list dreams into reality with the local touch – and we’re just getting started.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and eager Junior Customer Experience Specialist to join our Customer Experience team. You’ll be the first person Homefans customers speak to after they have made an enquiry with us, and you’ll be their trusted advisor throughout their buying journey as they curate, compare and choose a local host to join a sports experience with.
You’ll ensure that customer details are accurately captured, provide customers/hosts with pre-trip information and support the wider team with other essential tasks. As a member of the Customer Experience team, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, supporting the team in providing exceptional customer service to our customers. Outstanding attention to detail and a natural ability to problem-solve will be key factors in your success in this role.
This is a Remote role meaning there is the flexibility to work from home. You will ideally be based in Europe but we are open to applications from other countries as well.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing Customer information: you will ensure that all customer details are correct for every activity booked, managing customer information such as personal details and any special requests.
- Customer Onboarding – you will ensure Homefans travelers have a smooth onboarding experience by gathering and preparing their experiences with local hosts on Homefans.
- Communicating with customers and hosts – you will be responsible for communicating with customers and suppliers to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Process improvement – You will be empowered to make a real difference to the Customer Experience team by providing valuable insights and driving process improvements.
Your responsibilities will regularly change and develop as the business grows, and it is important that you are comfortable getting involved in tasks outside your remit in order to help the business meet our key milestones.
We’re looking for someone with experience in a customer-facing role, and ideally with experience in a small team or startup, but not necessarily someone who has done sales before.
- You’ll have worked in a similar role or company before
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Attention to detail
- A keen eye for opportunities to streamline your own workflow and help more customers in less time
- You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments. You are flexible, comfortable with a degree of chaos and work well under pressure
- You’re nice. You get that the team is more important than yourself
Nice to have:
- A background in travel
- Experience in a startup or scale-up environment
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get 25 days of annual leave, excluding bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- A remote-first office. We don’t care where you work from as long as you hit your targets
- The opportunity to travel and experience activities on the Homefans platform
- Progression opportunities within a diverse, evolving team
Important things to know:
Timings: This role will include some weekends, evenings, and public holidays. We are a remote company, so the role can be mostly done remotely. We will try to make sure the role works for you no matter where you are.
Great. Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter to apply for this role.